Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Counseling

Michael and I decided that it would be good for us to go to counseling. My grief and sleeplessness have contributed to a huge lack of motivation on my part. Which frustrates Michael, which in turn frustrates me. He is of course also dealing with some grief, he just doesn't express it like I do. We are in agreement that counseling can help us work through this frustration. He and my mom are also worried that I am depressed. So I guess we'll have that checked out too. Michael called my OB office and asked if they could recommend a counselor. Of course it's the psychiatry clinic associated with the hospital. I am a little nervous. I have been to a counselor one other time in my life and it didn't go very well. Our appointment is this Thursday. Wish us luck.

Something they said to Michael today on the phone while he was making the appointment kind of crossed me. They said they wanted to see me alone first "since she was the one who actually lost the baby." What??? Michael lost a baby too, thank you very much! I don't know that he even took it that way but I was certainly offended by it! He lost a baby just as much as I did. Anyway, he told them he had to come with me since I don't drive and he'll have to bring me to the appointment. So that settles that.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is great you are doing this. I should have taken myself to see someone long ago to help deal with the depression and sleepless nights. I'm hoping this can help you grieve in a healthy way and deal with all of these emotions. I will think about you!

    ReplyDelete